Sunday, September 20, 2009

One Year Ago


Last year, James and I were in the final two weeks of preparing for our big day. In the 7-1/2 months since we'd been engaged, I certainly put James through A LOT. And, I am ashamed to say that I wore the title of Bridezilla for some time. But, we made it through and in two weeks, on October 4th, James and I will celebrate one year of wedded bliss! Yay!

It was a year ago on September 18th when my co-workers through me a bridal shower. It was so very nice of them. I have to admit that I felt kind of bad though. My department invited the entire organization of 100 people. Well, I wasn't sure who would show up because I didn't know many people there. My department and a few others were the only ones that showed up. Perhaps if the rest of the staff knew they could just show up for cake there may have been more in attendance. Regardless, it was a great day!


I walked into a table full of gifts and beautiful decorations.
Those are leaves hanging in front of the window


I was overwhelmed when I first walked in and immediately broke in to tears. They offered me some punch and the first question out of my mouth was, "is it spiked?" LOL! I'm not very good at being the center of attention and would have loved something to relax. Needless to say it wasn't spiked. It was very good though-- Orange sherbet punch.




My co-worker Liz and I (with the non-spiked punch).


The cake for James and I. Unfortunately, James was unable to be there.
I think they spelled my name wrong but that's okay. The cake was good!



We were registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond.
We received so many great gifts from everyone.



The little blue thing in my hand is a "man" made out of cellephone. It
had something to do with the card, but I can't remember what it was now! :-(



The following weekend my sister had arrange a couples party for James and I. She sent out the invite to those on the list I provide but didn't tell us anything about it. I gave her some different ideas of places we could go, etc. We were actually surprised when she picked Dave & Busters. That is where James and I met for the first time in real life (we actually "met" online). It was pretty cool!


James and I at our Couples Shower.


Stealing a Kiss!


James and I with my sister, Tobi, who threw the party for us!


It was a small group, but we definitely had a good time. There were
two other couples. The rest in the picture are single.


Tobi passed around a 2009 calendar and have everyone write entries of things that we should do within our first year of marriage. There were some...uh...interesting entries to say the least!

It's hard to believe a year has gone by. Soon I will be remembering out wedding day through pictures!
 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment