Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mama Duggar=19:Me=0

Yep, today brought the news of Michelle Duggar's 19th pregnancy. While I'm happy for her and I do truly like the family, I can't help but be a bit envious. There are so many of us who are anxiously awaiting the "plus" sign on the pee stick. She's seen it multiple times! Lord, it's so hard to have patience when those around me are living my dreams.

Why does it seem that everyone else is living my "someday"? When will it be my turn. I'm sure I sound like a broken record to family and friends, but it's just so hard. And honestly it's easier for me to withdraw and turn my thoughts inward. I guess that's probably why I've stayed away from friends who've lived my dreams. While I'm happy for them, it's sometimes really hard to be around them. That is one thing I challenge myself to work on. For the first time in my life, I feel like I'm geting closer to living my "someday". The sad thing is that now I really don't have a lot of friends to share it with.

I've started this blog to record things happening in my life and to work on myself. I will soon be making a "list" of all the things I want/need to do, see, try. It is my hope that I can cross things off the list.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there,
    I'm your second follower...just thought I'd introduce myself. I stumbled across your blog on The Nest. I work in healthcare in Denver, my husband and I got married at the Denver Botanic Gardens in August 2008...our stories sound sooo similar. I'm a sometimes blogger (tho you have 2 more followers than I do!) It's nice to have found you! Feel free to check out my (inconsistant) blog.
    -Karla
    sunflower0520@comcast.net

    PS I couldn't find your email address on your blog so I figured I'd just comment here :)

    ReplyDelete