Saturday, November 21, 2009

Furry Love X 4

Photobucket


I'm a day behind, but yesterday was "Show Us Your Life--Pets" at Kelly's Korner. We do not have children
yet, and our four fur-kids are the highlight of our lives. I could probably write a book since they each have such varied personalities, but I'll just share a few tidbits.


Introducing . . .
-
Archie Andrew (a.k.a. Bubba, Bobo, Little Man, Big Boy, Monkey Man)

This big boy came into my life 11 years ago. I was never a big fan of orange cats, let alone male cats. But, this little guy won me over within a matter of seconds. In 2003, he was diagnosed with diabetes so he's been my "special needs" cat ever since. He puts up with two shots of insulin twice a day. And, sometimes I have to check his blood sugar so he has to endure having his years pricked. He is such a good sport and I love him so much.


 Introducing . . .

Sophie Noel (a.k.a. Sissy, Missy, SoSo)

My friend'' cat had kittens in 2000, and Sophie is one of those precious little bundles of joy. Sophie is pretty much in her own world. She fits the definition of "cat" to a T! In other words, she wants love and attention when she wants it and only when she wants it. She does not like to have her feet touched but loves it when you find her "itchy spot!" Like her parents, she is overweight and it is time for a diet. She's not going to like us in 2010, but we love her and want to see her healthy.
 
Introducing . . .

Brandie Leigh (a.k.a. 5 lb Rottweiler, Miracle, the 8th smartest dog)

In 2006, James and I decided it was time to adopt a puppy and he found Brandie on Craigslist. There is quite the story to tell on how we came to adopt this little one. From the moment I saw the picture of this little papillon-silky terrier mix I was in love. We saw her on a Wednesday and were planning to come back for her on Sunday. On Friday night I got a call that Brandie was nowhere to be found. We were devastated. The next day (Saturday), we decided to visit an animal shelter and found Autumn. We were upset about Brandie but were very excited to welcome Autumn into our world. That night I asked James, "what happens if they find Brandie?" His reply was, "well, then I guess we'll have two dogs." On Sunday we got the call that Brandie had been found and if we still wanted her we could come get her. Brandie came home with us and has been happy little puppy ever since. My husband truly is a man of his word!


Introducing . . .

Autumn Skye (a.k.a. Big Red, Ah-dumb, the 100th smartest dog)

If you read how Brandie came to live with us then you'll already know how we got Autumn. This little corgi-shiba inu mix is too smart for her own good. James refers to her as "Ah-dumb" only because she appears to be dumb when she doesn't listen to what you tell her to. But, we now know that shiba inu's are just aloof by nature. She knows exactly what we're saying...she just doesn't want to do it. I guess you could say that she gets made fun of more than the rest of the animals, but we really do love this big ball of fur. Oh yeah, she's hard-headed...just like her dad (ok, and her mom).

We really hope to have chidren some day, but for now we're happy with our house full of furry love. We're currently on our Thanksgiving road trip. The cats are staying in Nebraska (where we're at tonight) with my parents, and the dogs will come with us down to Texas. It's very rare that we travel, and when we do we have to bring the animals with us (we don't have anyone close by that can watch them).  Anyway, here's a sneak peak at one of the scenes from Thanksgiving Road Trip 2009. . .


Packing . . .  it's a "Family" Affair!

Stay tuned for more . . .

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment